Thursday, January 04, 2007

Annoying Rachel Ray

Am I the only one that finds Rachel Ray really annoying? Okay, maybe me and Anthony Bourdain.

Her empire seems to really have taken off since her early Food Network days. She seems to be guesting everywhere and now has a broadcast talk show. Now there's even talk of Ray taking over the Oprah Winfrey empire when she retires.

I like to cook and I like to travel. But I don't like Ray's travel show, cooking style, mother, and I especially don't like her raspy voice.

Yet she appears to be everywhere these days. My only hope is that like all fads she'll fade and disappear. I hope, I hope, I hope.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I admit it, she irritates me too. The overexaggerated gestures and little faces she makes, the cute invented words like "joosh!", the gushiness and giggles. Not to mention the over-exposure. But we must be a minority because she's everywhere these days. Her credibility is zero to me as she 'mmmm's' and rolls her eyes over everything she stuffs in her perky mouth.

A little Rachel goes a long way.

I guess it's the one note persona she presents: like molasses, too sweet to swallow, and to sticky to spit out. Too much perkiness, too much gurgling enthusiasm sucks out the air in a room and leaves me holding the bag as a curmudgeon.... (as you can see by this comment.)

If she'd be more authentic, her recipes would have a better format.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger don1one said...

Well said. I see you've been the victim of more hours of her "celebrity" than I have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home