Friday, January 20, 2006

What's new

I'm finally grounded again. I've been traveling for the last year and a half, crossing the United States east to west three times, and from the bottom of California to the top of Washington once.

It's hard to imagine how big the US is without having driven it. I used to fly coast to coast a lot, but that was six hours in a plane. There's nothing like three days across Texas to understand big.

I'm grounded for now with short tours on the east coast. But I can hardly wait to get going again. I'll be selling my motorhome. Nothing like 7 miles/gallon to limit travels. I think probably a van conversion next. But give me a little cash and I'll be gone.

I think I can understand hobos now. That was a much more dangerous life. But I'm sure that there were times, riding in a car, watching the scenery, when they felt as enchanted by the country as I have been from my drivers seat.

-Don-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home